Thursday, June 5, 2014

Couple of Updates

So I sold the little Bandit 400. I put it on Craigslist and someone gave me close to my asking price so I came out ahead. I would have really liked to fix it but I have other bikes that will net a bigger profit once fixed.

Last night I picked up the 1997 GSX-R1100 I bought last week;




I'll probably start working on it tonight. I believe it is a California model as it has lots of emission tubes and hoses.

On a closing note, the GSX-R600 I put the motor in is still for sale. I have to take it off the market because the motor I was sold is bad. The headgasket is bad and I think that is what all the running problems can be attributed to. I cleaned the carbs but they were in perfect shape when I took them apart. This weekend I'm picking up a known good engine in order to swap it out (again!).

Until next time,
See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment