Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Triumph Tribulations

So I was able to get around to trouble shooting the Daytona.

First thing I did was pull the plugs.



Two out of three plugs looked like this. Leads me to believe the valve cover may be leaking a bit.
No big deal as it's an easy fix and relatively cheap - gasket is around $30.00.

Next issue was the starter. I put a fresh battery in it and still the solenoid only clicked. Hm.
I grabbed a multimeter and tested the solenoid. It was functioning properly. Then I tested for continuity  down to the starter lug. Success.

Tried jumping the starter directly. Nothing.

Pulled the starter out (a remarkably easy process I must say). Jumped the starter and nothing. Hit with a hammer. Nothing. Moved the gear by hand and jumped it. It spun. Very slowly. Then stopped.

Starter is dead. New one is here today and will be going in! Hopefully I can hear thing thing fire up.




Triumph in its typical state.

No comments:

Post a Comment