Thursday, September 3, 2015

Many Things To Report

Ok so where did I leave off?

Ah I had just gotten the Buell running. Shortly after, I pulled the tank and sent it off to get repainted. I'm still waiting for it but it should be done soon.

I digress. As far as acquisitions go, I picked up another 1998 Suzuki GSX-R750 from Craigslist:


As I'm looking, I notice the wheels and exhaust. I knew right away the wheels are not what they're supposed to be. Exhaust is a trioval Yoshi Titanium set up by the looks of it. I notice the body work is in good shape too. 

Ok so it's worth a text to the seller. Set up a time to see it. I get down there and bam:


Front and rear Marchesini wheels with almost new Pilot Powers. Plus the exhaust. Plus mint body work. So what's the story?

Seller is a Harley guy. Got it on trade for some work he did one a friend's house as is. Doesn't run but looks fairly complete minus the airbox. I make him an offer and he accepts. 

Get it home and hook a jumper pack to it. Turns half a revolution and stops. Hmmm. So I decide to pull the valve cover; results:



Ouch! Sounds like the timing is WAY out of whack. Now the problem is, with so many unknowns - I don't know if the timing failed when the bike was running or slowly deteriorated until he stopped riding. 

Ok so my current plan is to find another EFI motor to swap in (a carb'ed 750 motor needs some tweeking to work 100% but can be done.) If I can't find one, I guess I'll pull this one and take the head off. Not sure what else to do. But the bike so mint otherwise, it's worth the effort and investment. 


On the four wheel front, I bought a 1991 Geo Storm GSi. Why? Well the car was in California, one family owned and pretty mint (and of course, very very yellow!) 





And it featured fully functional air conditioning. All for under $1,500. What could possibly go wrong? 

A friend and I flew out on a Friday red eye to pick the car up. We had not much of a plan but places to be on certain days. 


Somewhere near Long Beach, CA



We hit the road


 Spotted!







Went to the Salton Sea. What a strange and neglected place. Beach sand? No it's made of bones. A sea that is so salty, fish die and wash up. 












  
Roswell, NM 





All three: Dallas, TX and Gas Monkey Garage! 









We did Tail Of the Dragon in a Geo Storm,




















Richmond was my favorite part of all! 
After Richomd, not much happened.. We met up friends in New Jersey for Bimmerfest. Drank some moon shine and then went home on Sunday - 9 days and 4200 miles with out a single hiccup. 


Anyway; the car was put on eBay cause I have no room for it. A guy from Vermont won the auction and is pretty excited about it! 


Until next time,
See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment