Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Some Updates!

So, in the last post I made reference to another bike I was picking up....



I replied to a Craigslist ad titled "87 GSX-R1100 - $250"
The description in the ad was sparse at best. "Not run in nearly 10 years. Parts or scrap"

Well okay fine. I guess it's worth an email. His reply was "Are you interested in restoring? This bike screamed when I first got it." So I told him I'd like to restore it and he said It'll need mirrors and paint
He attached a dark pic in his garage. For $250, I was expecting some flatblack hacked up POS or something. Pleasant surprise when it was blue and white. Even better surprise when I got there and saw how nice it really was!

I've put it right in storage for the time being.


In other news, I got that little moped running well and reliably.



Don't try this at home, folks!
I checked the clutch/transmission fluid. An itty bitty drop came out. So I filled it with the proper spec fluid. 

Tonight, I got the GSX-R600 running and riding as new. 







The choke wasn't disengaging all the way. Who knew such a small phenomena could result in such obnoxious consequences!

Bike is currently for sale at $2,500! Cleanest and lowest mileage SRAD you'll find at that price.

Until next time,
See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment