Thursday, July 18, 2013

Oh dear not again. Honda V4 content & more rambling

 So cruising through Craiglist, I spotted the following ad:

 

1994 honda yzf 750 - $1250 (braintree)



Perfect bike for a beginner two brothers exhaust red in color . plastics are flawless . has sat for a couple of years needs a tune up . Give me a call with any questions . thanks Brendan (NUMBER REDACTED)
 
 
Honda YZF eh? Figured it was worth a text message. He sent me pics, it's a VFR. Been sitting since 2010. So I asked if the plastics really were in that good of shape and he said they were. Sure pal, everyone says that. 
 
The bike was only 20 minutes away so I figured it was worth checking out. 
 
To say the bike is in good shape is an understatement. All the stickers are still present on the tank, the hand controls aren't faded, the reservoir sight glasses are clear as day.
It came with a Corbin seat, the OEM Solo Cowl, Lockhart Phillips smoked Speedscreen & the OEM windscreen and recent Pilot Powers (my all time favorite tire)








Pretty neat bike though- single sided swing arm, twin-spar frame and a V4 with gear driven cams. 

I think I might just register it and ride it. Unsure though. 
Next week I get to pull the carbs!

In other news I sent the jug from one of the LT250s to get redone. Should have it back in a week and I can reassemble it. 
Still gotta swap the swing arm into the first LT250 but I did manage to clean the carburetor and it runs very well. Needs some tuning though. 
Once I swap the swing arm and exhaust, I just have to wire up the tether and I'll be ready for event at MX101. Can't wait. 

In closing, the 1988 Yamaha FZR750 I sold on eBay got picked up yesterday! Yay for funding!
.
See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment